EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
University of Chicago, Graduate Student (2014-present) First year
National Centre for Biological Sciences, Junior Research Fellow (2013-2014)
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (2009-2013) Bachelor of Technology
Chemical Science and Technology(CST)
- Design principle of modular aptameric sensors for small molecules (2013-Ongoing)
- Building principle of bright RNA aptameric sensorm for cAMP small molecule
Supervisor: Prof. Yamuna Krishnan
National Centre for Biological Sciences , Bangalore
- Photocatalytic water oxidation using hole doped LaMnO3: Synthesis, Characterization and Density of States Calculations.( La0.3Sr0.7MnO3) Completed( August 2012toApril 2013)
- Design and synthesis of an efficient photo catalyst which finds application as a material for solar cell.
- Manipulating the hydrogen producing capacity of the substance.
Supervisor: Dr. Mohd. Qureshi
Assistant professor, Dept. of Chemistry, IIT Guwahati
- Design and construction of Drug delivery nanocapsule Completed (Jan 2012to Oct 2012)
- Demonstrated the disruption of a cargo-loaded DNA icosahedron in response to a chemical cue in
bulk solution, with the concomitant release of the encapsulated cargo.
- Proved the potential use of 3D polyhedra as nano-vehicles for the smart delivery of biologically important molecules.
- Website: http://openwetware.org/wiki/Biomod/2012/IITG/DNA_Maestros
- Publication: Controlled Release of Encapsulated Cargo from a DNA icosahedron using a Chemical
Trigger. Banerjee, A., Bhatia, D., Saminathan, A., Chakraborty, S., Kar, S. & Krishnan, Y.
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, doi: 10.1002/anie.201302759
Supervisor: Dr. Yamuna Krishnan
National Centre for Biological Science, TIFR, Bangalore
- Colloidal patterns due to Droplet Evaporation Completed (May to July 2011)
- Monodispersed pseudo cubic hematite cubes were prepared and coated with Silica.
- Droplet Evaporation done to analyse the patterns formed based on Coffee Ring Effect and factors affecting the ring formation was studied.
Supervisor: Dr. Basavaraja Madivala Guruappa
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras
E347B, Gordon Centre for Integrative Science
929 E., 57th Ellis Avenue. Department of Chemistry,
University of Chicago, Illinois-60637